The winter edition of SkinTec highlights a crowning achievement for the 53W53 field crews: the safe installation of the 42,000 lbs wedge-shaped mega-unit that forms Apex 1 to a height of 1,100´ before lowering it to its final position at 1,050´. Watch video coverage of the monumental feat.
In recent weeks, two projects with Enclos facades were recipients of industry awards. First, the AIA recently recognized the National Museum of African History and Culture (NMAAHC) with the 2019 AIA Award – Architecture. Second, Contract magazine announced its 40th Annual Interiors Awards winners, including the The Spheres at Amazon by NBBJ in the large office category.
As super-skinny towers rise along the south end of Central Park, coverage of the latest luxury residential trend includes the timeless towers of 432 Park Avenue and 220 Central Park South.
Construction Dive reviews six mega-projects from North America set to complete in 2019, including Chase Center in San Francisco and 30 Hudson Yards in New York.
Finally, as Hudson Yards nears completion, Arch20 present KPF’s architectural vision and execution of 10 and 30 Hudson.
- Coatings Case Study: Pier 17… Read More
- Museums that share history and culture through design… Read More
- The Getty Center among top museums in Los Angeles… Read More
- What’s transforming the New York skyline?… Read More
- Decorative architectural glass and brand identity… Read More
- Revisiting the National Museum of African American History and Culture … Read More