The construction of high-performance building envelopes is a multi-step process, starting with raw materials such as aluminum billets and glass silica, and results in prefabricated curtainwall unit assemblies that hang from the building structure, most often the floor slabs. This process requires a network of material vendors, processors, fabricators and installers to coordinate diligently. In the five-part video series From Billet to Building, the Advanced Technology Studio of Enclos will animate each step, culminating in several installation strategies.
- Insulated glass unit (IGU) installed into aluminum unit frame
- Sealant quality is carefully documented for Quality Assurance
- Insulated glass units are sealed to the aluminum frame
- Final details attached to unit frame
- Completed units are bunked for storage while awaiting shipment to project site