The Summer 2024 Structural Engineering internship at Enclos is a 10-12 week program where the candidate learns about Enclos engineering processes while working on monumental building projects.
Enclos is the premier facade contractor in the United States, providing design, engineering, fabrication, and assembly services for custom curtainwall systems. Projects include the World Trade Center Transit Center in New York City, the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington DC, and the Las Vegas Raiders Stadium in Las Vegas.
- The internship includes initial onboarding, learning about curtainwall façade design concepts, meeting people from different departments, and overviews of how the company operates.
- The program delves into the main aspects of Structural Engineering at Enclos; façade loading requirements, industry reference materials, building and façade system movements, & basic structural engineering analysis such as allowable stress calculation, member moment, deflection evaluation, and connection/anchorage design.
- The intern covers aspects in weekly segments by learning concepts, processes, and software. As the intern gains experience, they will apply their skills to project work.
- The intern will be given access to project, department, and specialist team meetings to gain real world industry insight.
- Towards the end of the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to utilize the skills gained in support of a current project under the supervision of a P.E.
- After completion, there is potential for part time work while finishing a degree, or a full-time position after graduation.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- I.T. Certificate or scheduled to sit for the F.E. exam.
- Ability to interpret architectural and structural drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to learn and use CAD, structural analysis programs, word processing, spreadsheet, email and internet software.
Schedule & Duration
- Must be able to work in person 40 hours a week between the hours of 7am-5pm, Monday through Friday, in the corporate office located at 2770 Blue Water Road, Eagan, MN 55121.
- This is a 10-12 week assignment with the potential to become a permanent full-time position with competitive pay.
Internship status position is not eligible for benefits, holiday pay, or Flexible Time Off FTO. Full benefits will become available once the position is transferred to a permanent status.
Apply with a resume at https://enclos.com/careers/