The summer 2023 Software Development internship at Enclos is a ten to twelve week program for Computer Science students who are looking for an opportunity to gain experience within a software development life cycle under the mentorship of smart, enthusiastic, and dedicated Software Architects. The intern will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of select areas of various web and desktop applications at Enclos.
The intern will work under immediate supervision and perform requested tasks alongside professionals who perform these roles.
The selected intern will be expected to work full-time hours on-site in the summer, and part-time hours on-site in the fall. Individuals that live and attend school in the Minnesota Twin Cities metro area are encouraged to apply for the internship.
This internship has the potential to lead to permanent employment at Enclos, Eagan, MN.
Enclos is the premier facade contractor in the United States, providing design, engineering, fabrication, and assembly services for custom curtainwall systems. Projects include the World Trade Center Transit Center in New York City, the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington DC, and the Las Vegas Raiders Stadium in Las Vegas.
What this opportunity offers:
-Initial weeks of onboarding with interns from other disciplines. Interns will learn about facade concepts, meet people from a variety of different departments, and learn of how the company operates.
-Production projects to work on over the course of the summer.
-Full stack web application development as assigned, working within a software development team.
-Exposure to the latest technology stacks from Microsoft and Apple
-Learning about the manufacturing and construction industries
-Tackling a variety of tasks and needs arise
Other development opportunities:
- Learn software development processes
- Gain experience researching and implementing new technologies
- Exposure to custom integrations with Autodesk and other CAD/manufacturing products
- Engage with various team members to accomplish their work and duties and build an understanding of the team's dynamics in a collaborative team setting
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors program of related nature with continued enrollment in the fall of 2023
- Two or more years of college coursework should be a rising Junior or Senior
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status. F1, OPT, etc. will not be considered.
- Ability to write code which adheres to designs supporting business requirements
- Possess and leverage fundamental knowledge of object-oriented programming namely C# including standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to write unit tests for debugging and testing of own work
- Ability to estimate level of effort for individual work
- Fundamental understanding of internet concepts including website design and accessing data via web APIs
- Ability to develop and manage code within a controlled environment GitHub
- Interest to research, investigate, and fix a wide range of technical issues
Job Performance Expectations
- Must be able to work physically on site at Eagan, MN Corporate Headquarters
- Ability to work 40 hours during the summer and a minimum of 15 hours part time during the school year is preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills