Enclos is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join our team based in Eagan, MN. The role is specialized and fast-paced, providing a balance of structural analysis, consultation, and collaboration both during the design development of proposed curtainwall and related systems from concept through project award.
Enclos is a well-established, privately held façade contractor with expertise in the design, engineering, fabrication, assembly, and installation of custom and iconic facade systems, providing complete design-build services to the construction marketplace. Enclos specializes in innovative architecture and challenging building projects and collaborates with the world's most recognized and respected architecture, engineering, and construction firms. Our engineers specialize in industry-leading concepts within unitized curtainwall and specialty building enclosure systems. This position offers professional growth and career advancement opportunities.
Minimum Requirements and Responsibilities
- Bachelor of science from an ABET accredited program in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Civil or Structural P.E. or S.E. licensure including the ability to obtain licenses in additional jurisdictions.
- 5+ years of experience in the unitized curtainwall industry.
- Skillful in engineering practice as it relates to the curtainwall industry, including load determination, connection design, movement accommodation, and evaluation of contract documents including drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Ability to assess solutions to complex problems independently and efficiently through simplified engineering analysis.
- Computer/software competence in programs used to solve industry-specific tasks. Examples include:
- Computer-aided design CAD software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, and Rhino
- Computer-aided engineering CAE software such as STAAD, RFEM, and SPACE GASS
- Finite element analysis FEA software such as Strand7 and SJ Mepla
- Math processing and reporting such as Excel and Mathcad
- Strong geometry and spatial-visual reasoning aptitude.
- Communicates professionally, clearly, and concisely on technical topics with individuals at all technical levels.
- Proactively works closely with Enclos' design, sales, estimating, and operations teams to understand objectives, identify technical risks, convey project requirements, and facilitate solution-finding that allows Enclos to compete with a market-leading approach.
- Accurately assesses verbal and nonverbal feedback in small and large group settings.
- Investigates new materials, techniques, approaches, means, methods, and tools
- Represents Enclos externally, both virtually and in-person travel as required, including events such as client meetings, project interviews, work-sessions, vendor assessments, and industry events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has occasional exposure to moderate noise. They must stand and walk frequently. The employee has constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools. They must constantly reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material. The employee will have frequent repetitive motions and frequently be able to lift or move 25 lbs. The employee has constant requirement of specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. They must frequently wear eye protection Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Constant 5-8 hrs/shift
- Frequent 2-5 hrs/shift
- Occasional Up to 2 hrs/shift
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.