The Process Manager will report to the Vice President of Engineering for Production Engineering. The Process Manager will oversee, direct and coordinate activities of an internal engineering team as well as provide technical direction to the group. They will develop and lead career development for employees. S/he will participate in strategic planning and drive Technology strategy results based on overall goals and objectives. The Process Manager will champion the company vision, mission and passion core values within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees production engineering teams of Designers.
- Duties include developing and implementing the strategic plans, as well as evaluating the performance and the training needs of the employees.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews on engineering employees and addresses performance issues.
- Participates in BIM contract document reviews and Enclos proposals.
- Assists the Technical Project Managers and System Designers in identifying project milestones and breakdown of engineering work in phases and releases.
- Participates in the preparation of engineering budget estimates for BIM and Fabrication efforts.
- Validates model best practices requirements.
- Maintain E-timesheets-time reporting for project requirements and labor tracking.
- Validates filing system, drawing logs, ECN process, sign-off sheets, and engineering team QC process.
- Participate in design development and mock-up drawings to insure consistency of design and reuse of components and materials on all projects.
- Participate in means and methods when needed to maintain close ties with Enclos' shop and field operations.
- Participate in mock-up assembly and testing as required to stay current on Enclos' designs or to assist the project team.
- Attend BIM meetings and kick-off meetings with PM, Contractor and Architect when requested by the project team.
- Assists in establishing format, presentation and information required for documentation at each stage of the job.
- Oversees adherence to drafting standards and policies.
- Validates labor reporting process Timesheets and Penta.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Assist Director of Engineering in forecasting operating costs of department and preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments that may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies that may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Participates in project meetings with project engineering team at appropriate stages of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree B.A. from four-year College or University in Architectural Engineering, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or seven to ten years curtainwall industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and 3D software platforms Inventor, Rhino, Revit, Navisworks with working knowledge of Word Processing software, spreadsheet software, Email, database and Internet software.
- Previous experience managing or leading a team is preferred, however not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Enclos Corp is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. Enclos Corp is further committed to ensuring that employment decisions are based on valid job requirements. In addition, all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, and benefits are administered fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis, without discrimination based on protected categories named above. Enclos Corp will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities any needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law.