The Summer Engineering internship at Enclos is a 10 to 12 week program where the intern learns about the various Enclos engineering processes while working on monumental building projects.
After the internship, there is the potential for continued part-time work while enrolled in courses, and a full-time position at Enclos, Eagan, MN post graduation.
Enclos is the premier facade contractor in the United States, providing design, engineering, fabrication, and assembly services for custom curtainwall systems. Projects include the World Trade Center Transit Center in New York City, the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington DC, and the Las Vegas Raiders Stadium in Las Vegas.
- The internship provides: training for CAD programs, real work experience, & knowledge of facade design.
- The internship starts with two weeks of onboarding, learning about curtainwall facade design concepts, meeting people from a variety of different departments, and overviews of how the company operates.
- Following the initial training, the program delves into the five main aspects of Engineering at Enclos; design, fabrication, structural analysis, project management, and vendor coordination.
- The intern will cover each aspect in weekly segments, learning the concepts, processes, and software involved. As the intern gains experience in each of the aspects they will apply their skills to project work.
- The intern will be given access to project, department, and specialist team meetings to gain real world industry insight.
- Towards the end of the internship the intern will have the opportunity to work more in depth within areas of interest and talent.
- Current enrollment in an Associate or Bachelor accredited college program in either; Architectural Drafting, Mechanical Drafting, Architecture, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to read architectural or mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Basic proficiency in a CAD program, with a preference to have knowledge in Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino.
Must be able to work at least 30 hours per week between the hours of 7am-5pm, Monday through Friday, in the corporate office located at 2770 Blue Water Road, Eagan, MN 55121